The information on the coverages and services we offer is provided for general description purposes. We may make changes in the products, services and/or programs described on the Site at any time without notice. The provisions contained within our current policies govern actual policy terms and conditions, nothing contained within this site should be taken to amend or govern actual coverage provided.
Some of the pages of the Site are restricted and require a user login to access. Unauthorized use of or access to these pages is strictly prohibited. If you are an authorized user of any restricted area, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user login information.
The information, materials, and resources found on the Site are provided as a reference for our insureds and other interested in medical liability risk, patient safety and quality improvement, and the products and services offered through COPIC. Other than as required by law, COPIC is not liable for any errors or omissions, or for any damages resulting from your use of any such information.
You may cite or refer to the information on this Site and may download it for your own use. You must have our written permission to distribute the information to others or to use it in any publication.
Links to and from this Site are offered as a convenience and are for information purposes only. You should not interpret any link to or from this Site as evidence of sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation unless expressly stated. In addition, the privacy policies and types of information collected is unknown to COPIC and we assume no liability for your access or use of third-party sites.
“Cookies” are temporary files used to facilitate your use of websites. If you allow their use, cookies store information regarding the destination of sites you have visited. You may configure your browser to reject cookies and still access our website. Third-party sites may contain cookies that are collected by the third party. Those cookies are beyond our control.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
COPIC does not verify information posted by others on social media websites. Public opinions, statements, or comments on social media websites are not endorsed views and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies or procedures of COPIC and our affiliates. COPIC participates in and provides content on social media platforms to promote better medicine in the communities we serve.
Use of social media websites:
- Your use of COPIC social media websites establishes your agreement to these Social Media Terms and Conditions. We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions at any time.
- Posting the following material will not be tolerated and may be removed: confidential, copyrighted, solicitation, fabricated, deceitful, libelous, derogatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, harassing, illegal or otherwise objectionable.
- Social media content posted by COPIC is not professional advice. The material on our social media websites are not a substitute for obtaining professional advice from medical, legal or other professional advisors. By making our social media websites available to you, COPIC is not engaged in offering any professional advice.
- To comply with state and federal regulations and for your security, avoid posting personal information on any of our social media websites. This includes phone number, social security number, personal email address, policy number or claim number.
- You agree to grant COPIC an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt , publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and display any material submitted on our social media websites throughout the world in any media. It is agreed that your name can be used in conjunction with said replication.
- Do not post links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Any postings of this nature will be removed.
- Be respectful of others. The purpose of COPIC’s social media websites is to share useful information and ideas, inspire informative discussions, and educate people about health care. COPIC requests you provide a positive contribution on our online discussions and social media websites. Your opinion is welcome, but please remain on topic and informative.
- Give credit when due. Content used on social media websites may be found on other sources of the internet and credit should and will be given to the owners of any photos, information, and quotes that are used on COPIC’s social media websites.
- Links to other websites found on COPIC’s social media websites are provided as a service to readers, but such linking does not constitute endorsement of those sites by COPIC. As such COPIC is not responsible for the content of the external websites. Different terms and conditions may apply to your use of any linked sites.
- COPIC reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing or using COPIC’s social media websites for any reason whatsoever.
- Ultimately you are responsible for the content you post, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such material. COPIC and our affiliates are NOT liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from your use of this site.